204 EDI Transaction: Motor Carrier Load Tender Mapping Notes (Part 1)
204 EDI Transaction is an electronic version of a paper Motor Carrier Load Tender. Standard EDI formats include X12, ANSI, EDIFACT and its subsets. 204 EDI Transaction is used to allow shippers and other parties to offer a shipment to a full load carrier. It is not to be used to provide a carrier with information related to a less-than-truckload bill of lading, manifest, or pick-up notification. Below we give some mapping notes for Family Dollar 204 EDI Transaction.
Functional Group SM
- 1/140L Loop 0100 is used to convey name and address detail relative to bill-to, party controlling freight, or other shipment level name and address information. It is not used to convey ship from or ship to detail which should be handled within loop 0300 in table.
- 1/140 Loop 0100 is used to convey name and address detail relative to bill-to, party controlling freight, or other shipment level name and address information.
- 2/030 Use G62 segment either in loop 0300 or loop 0350, but not both.
- 2/150L Use loop 0350 for conveying seller’s order/invoice level detail or buyer’s purchase order level detail. If not using order level detail, this loop should not be used.
- 2/150 Use loop 0350 for conveying seller’s order/invoice level detail or buyer’s purchase order level detail. If not using order level detail, this loop should not be used.
GS Functional Group Header
- FDS NOTES:
- FDS TEST: FAMILYDOLLART
- FDS PROD: FAMILYDOLLAR
- GS04 is the group date.
- GS05 is the group time.
- The data interchange control number GS06 in this header must be identical to the same data element in the associated functional group trailer, GE02.
ST Transaction Set Header
The transaction set identifier (ST01) used by the translation routines of the interchange partners to select the appropriate transaction set definition (e.g., 810 selects the Invoice Transaction Set).
B2 Beginning Segment
- FDS SHIPMENT REFERENCE NUMBER NEEDS TO BE RETURNED ON THE EDI-214. THIS NUMBER IS GENERATED BY OUR TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
- B202 contains the Standard Carrier Alpha Code (SCAC) of the carrier that will receive the bill of lading.
- If B211 is used, B206 will indicate the party or parties responsible for payment of the transportation terms identified in B211.
L11 Business Instructions and Reference Number
- R0103 – At least one of L1101,L1103 is required
- P0102 – If either L1101,L1102 is present, then all are required.
AT5 Bill of Lading Handling Requirements
- E0103 – Only one of AT501,AT503 may be presented
- E0203 – Only one of AT502,AT503 may be presented.