753 EDI Transaction (Ready-To-Ship) requirements for The Home Depot vendors
753 EDI Transaction is used by the Supplier to request routing instructions and provide general information about the merchandise that is ready to be shipped to The Home Depot. The following post points out how to map out current business processes for the 753 EDI Transaction.
The objectives are as follows:
- Understand the basics of the 753 EDI and how it relates to other EDI activities
- Review the steps necessary to send an 753 EDI
- Review various Use Cases when an 753 EDI will be sent
- Review the details of the 753 EDI content and file creation
- Understand how to handle 753 EDI errors
- Detail common terms used in the 753 EDI.
753 EDI Transaction action steps
When the supplier is ready to ship items related to one or more POs they must send the EDI 753 – Ready to Ship to The Home Depot. Once confirmed The Home Depot will send an EDI 754 – Routing Instructions back to the supplier.
Items listed on the EDI 753 – Ready to Ship must be related to a PO sent via EDI 850 – Purchase Order.
Frequency / Volume
The EDI 753 is sent whenever the supplier is ready to ship.
Inbound / Outbound
This is an inbound EDI from the supplier to The Home Depot. Once The Home Depot receives the EDI 753, an EDI 754 Routing Instructions will be sent to the supplier.
All items/POs are read from the EDI 753 – Ready to Ship. No partial POs are allowed.
Example of 753 EDI Transaction mapping
Find more information about The Home Depot EDI vendor program requirements: