832 Price/Sales Catalog Mapping Guidelines (Town Shoes EDI Program)
832 Price/Sales Catalog users (EDI Trading Partners) may experience difficulties in generating and transmitting an EDI 832 Price/Sales Catalog file. If this is the case with you, please utilize Town Shoes web-based NPLS application to upload your catalogue.
The following LIN segment fields are mandatory but please see the most current 832 guide for further details and other mandatory fields:
- Vendor Barcode
- Barcode Type
- Vendor Style Name and/or Vendor Style Number
- Size (North American sizing)
Catalogues have two master options for loading. These options are set on the web portal. Please inform the rollout team whether you will be resending the complete catalogue in each transmission or incremental updates.
- Append – new items will be added to the existing catalogue
- Replace – all unlinked items will be removed before the items in the transmission are added to the catalogue
In addition, values sent in the BCT10 can control the loading of a catalogue. These values affect all items in the transmission in the same way. If no value is sent in the BCT10 element, Add is assumed.
- Add (BCT10 = 02) – If the item is found in the catalogue, no action will be taken. If the item is not found in the catalogue it will be added.
- Delete (BCT10 = 03) – if the item is found in the catalogue it is deleted.
There is no option for updating records. If records need to be updated, send them with the Delete option and then resend them with the Add option. Once an item has been placed on a Town Shoes purchase order (linked), it can no longer be deleted.
The following validations will be performed on the catalogue whether sent via EDI or web based upload.
- The GTIN must be present. Any item in a file without a GTIN will cause the whole file to be rejected with notification to the sender.
- Check digit validation. If the GTIN fails check digit validation it will be loaded but marked as an error and not be available for ordering by Town Shoes. All other items in the file will be successfully loaded.
- The GTIN must be unique across all manufacturer catalogues. A unique GTIN is defined as the combination of GTIN number and GTIN type.
- A duplicate GTIN within the same transmission will result in the whole file being rejected with notification to the sender.
- A GTIN in a file which duplicates one previously loaded in the system will simply not be loaded with no notification.
- Business Key: The Business Key is defined as Style Number/Colour/Size/Dimension. Duplicate business keys are not permitted within one catalogue even if the GTINs are different. If a duplicate business key is encountered, the item will be loaded as an error and notification will be sent to the sender and to Town Shoes.
Catalogues are separated into brands. Town Shoes has assigned a vendor number to each brand. 832 Catalogues will be loaded in the following sequence:
- The Town Shoes vendor number is sent in the BCT02.
- The name of the catalogue (brand) is sent in BCT09. If you cannot send the vendor number in BCT02, send the name of the catalogue, this can be obtained from the rollout team.
- The name of the sender. If no usable values are sent in BCT02 or BCT09, the catalogue will be loaded to the name of the sending company.