Adient Logistics Requirements: International Shipping
Adient Logistics procedures require all shipments to be accompanied by appropriate documentation. Documentation may include, but not limited to, packing slip, bill of lading, FTA certificates, commercial invoices, CMR (EU and Asia) and hazardous materials information. Carrier information must be included in the Advance Ship Notice (ASN) transmission to allow for trace ability and to ensure supplier compliance to Adient routing instructions.
Adient Logistics Packing Slip Requirement
Adient requires all suppliers to prepare their packing slip(s) in a standard format. Mandatory: Packing slip must be attached (glue or tape) to the packaging (pallet shipment). The packing slip must be in a pouch/sleeve that protects it but also allows it to be removed by receiving plant. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in a DMR for the shipment per the DMR procedure. Items required in a specific location include:
- Packing Slip #Sold To info
- Supplier Production Plant
- Ship to
- BOL #
- Customer part #
- Supplier part #
- Quantity shipped
- PO #
Footer which includes page number and repeats the pkg slip # Packing Slip Bill of Lading Information Requirements.
Adient Logistics Bill of Lading Requirements
The following information instructs a Adient Supplier on how to properly complete a bill of lading (BOL) form for shipments that are sent collect into Adient. Non-compliance to these requirements that result in excess freight charges to Adient will be debited back to the Supplier. A separate bill of lading must be created for each ship-to location, even when shipping on the same carrier. Each BOL must contain a unique BOL #. Shipper/Vendor Information Must include: Vendor Name, Supplier ID, Street address, city, state, and zip.
In addition to the above information, your BOL must include:
- Number of Packages and/or Handling Units – If packages are consolidated on a skid, provide both package count and skid count on the bill of lading.
- Description of shipment – Enter the description of each line item. Please note the type of package (carton, tote, barrel, etc.) and the quantity per package. Each line item must include the correct National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC) Item # and Class. This information is critical to ensure correct rating so as to avoid excessive charges.
- Weight – Enter the total gross weight, in pounds, for each line item. Include the weights of pallets, skids or any secondary container.
- Freight Terms – (for domestic shipments only) Indicate ’FOB Origin, Freight Collect’ terms if Adient is responsible to pay for the shipment. All freight shipped to Adient facilities should be shipped per the incoterm on the Purchase Order unless the shipment is a Supplier paid expedite or routing deviation.
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.