AHCCCS EDI Transmission Administrative Procedures
AHCCCS EDI transmission procedures require that each trading partner must establish an SFTP/EFT user account in order to exchange electronic data with AHCCCS. To setup an SFTP/EFT user account, the Electronic Data Exchange Request and External User Affirmation Statement forms must be completed for each individual user accessing SFTP/EFT.
It is recommended that trading partners initiate the SFTP/EFT account setup as soon as possible. Trading partners may conduct Community Manager testing of the 270/271, 276/277 and 837 transactions pending their SFTP/EFT account setup.
If your software vendor cannot connect directly to AHCCCS, the following information will assist you with connecting through a third party AHCCCS registered clearinghouse:
- Contact your software vendor to see if they are affiliated with a clearinghouse. Some software vendors will require that the provider/submitter connect through a designated clearinghouse.
- The third party clearinghouse is responsible for assisting the provider/submitter with EDI file submissions to AHCCCS.
ISA13 Interchange Control Number
The trading partner assigns the Interchange Control Number in the rightmost six characters of this 9 character field. ISA13 must be unique within all transmissions (i.e. files) submitted to AHCCCS. The Interchange Control Number is used by AHCCCS for tracking purposes in order to guard against duplicate file submissions. ISA13 must also be identical to the Control Number in the Interchange Trailer element IEA02.
1) Correct your data
2) Re-increment the ISA13 Interchange Control Number
3) Resubmit the file
EDI File Renaming Process
There is a file renaming process for the following inbound transactions: 270, 276 and 278. For example:
- pppppp is the 6-digit AHCCCS Provider ID (pos 1-6 of element GS02 in the 270 file)
- yymmdd is the process date
- nnnnnnnnn is element ISA13 Interchange Control Number from the 270 file
To learn more about HIPAA EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.