Bar Code Requirements – EDI Finish Line Vendor Compliance Program
Bar Code Requirements for Finish Line vendors were developed in order to provide successfull bar code scanning. All bar codes on all tickets should fall within the following Bar Code Requirements. The Finish Line uses a barcode verifier that measures the quality of the bar codes which is expressed in a letter grade. This ensures that the bar code will scan successfully. Finish Line Inc. has set the standards at a minimum quality measurement of A or B for the bar codes on tickets. If your UPC bar code does not register a passing grade of A or B on the verifier Finish Line will re-ticket the product and apply a chargeback for ticketing changes.
- The minimum height of a bar code should be .5 or ½ inches.
- The minimum width of a bar code should be 7/8 inches.
- Not less than a 0.009 density
- The Height of an ideal bar code should be .6 or 5/8 inches.
- The Width of an ideal bar code should be 1.25 inches.
- About a density of 0.013
- The maximum height of a bar code should be 1.25 inches.
- The maximum width of a bar code should be 1 ¾ inches.
- About a density of 0.018
According to the GS1 web site, the target dimensions for UPC bar code symbols are 1.020” high and 1.469” wide. The minimum dimensions for the symbol are 0.816” high and 1.175” wide. The maximum dimensions for the symbol are 2.040” high and 2.938” wide.
To learn more about EDI barcoding and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.