Indigo Books and Music EDI Bill Of Landing
Indigo expects all vendor shipments to be accompanied by an accurate Bill of Lading whose details exactly match what has been routed for shipment. The Bill of Lading must include at a minimum:
- The full name and address of Shipper o Name of Carrier
- Consignee: Indigo Books & Music Inc. *Correct Indigo DC/Store ship-to address*
- Accurate BOL No. (same as on respective ASN)
- Shipment Details:
- No. of pallets
- No. of cases/cartons o
- Total Weight shipped
- Purchase Order No.(s)
- Ship Date o Description of Items Shipped & QTY
- Wood packaging declaration
- Indication of products that require special handing or stowage
- Indication of food products that require temperature control and/or put away within a given time.
A Bill of Lading is considered to be inaccurate and non-compliant if there is an error with, or is missing any of the above required details.
To learn more about EDI in logistics and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.