CAQH CORE 153 Batch Processing (Integration and Testing Guidelines)
CAQH CORE 153 Batch Processing rules provide special testing batch processing guidelines for CAQH CORE-authorized and new vendors. Part 2 FAQs are provided below.
1.Batch processing: Will a receiver be able to re-pickup a file if needed?
CAQH CORE does not specify this, but recommends that information sources allow for re-pickup for at least one month after the initial pickup of a batch response file. Please refer to your own internal policies.
2. Batch processing: Will there be a maximum number of response files that a receiver will be able to pickup in one session due to payload sizes?
CAQH CORE does not set a maximum on the number of response files that a receiver will be able to pickup. Information sources should create policies to specify the limit to the number or size of files that can be picked up and document those policies in their Companion Guide.
3. Batch processing: Will a payload be able to contain different types of responses?
Yes. CAQH CORE does not specify the different types of responses a payload can contain. Please refer to your own internal policies.
4. Batch processing: How is a batch reply matched with its request without downloading each file and parsing it? Are reply filenames to somehow encode the payload ID?
CAQH CORE does not specify any convention for linking the batch response to the batch request beyond the X12 requirements. Some information sources may provide this information as part of the file name, or as meta-data included in a file listing, and this should be documented in the information source’s Companion Guide.
5. Batch processing: Is there a one-to-one correspondence between batch input transmissions and batch output files?
CAQH CORE does not specify the content of the physical file returned by the batch processing. Information sources should specify in their Companion Guide the expected contents of the batch files.
6. Batch processing: Must a batch reply file contain replies for every request in a batch request? Is it an error to omit some?
CAQH CORE does not specify the detailed data content of the X12 271 response, which is addressed by the appropriate implementation guide. According to the X12 271 Technical Report Type 3 (TR3) Implementation Guide, there is no requirement for a batch X12 271 to respond to every request included in a batch X12 270. For the HIPAA-mandated X12 270/271 transaction, details on linking the batch responses to the batch request are described in Sections 1.3.3 Business Uses and 1.3.6 Information Linkage.