CGS EDI Program: Advantages and myCGS Portal
CGS EDI Program offers advantages to providers who conduct business with Medicare electronically. Some of those benefits include:
- No more paper claims: EDI (submitting claims to CGS electronically eliminates paperwork so your staff can accomplish more in less time. You will also save money on postage and claim forms.
- Earlier payment floor. Electronic claims may be paid as soon as 13 days after the date of submission, versus 29 days after the date of receipt for paper claims.
- Earlier detection of errors. EDI edits ensure the validity of certain fields for electronic claims, which helps reduce reopening’s, claim adjustments and redeterminations (appeals).
- Accurate payment – EDI reduces the possibility of manual entry errors, so your claims process more accurately and consistently.
- Medicare claims submitted electronically may be accepted into processing system in as little as 24 hours.
- Flexibility – With EDI, you control the frequency and volume of claims submission. You can also submit claims for several practitioners or facility locations at one time.
- Electronic reports for better business management – Several reports are available only to electronic billers.
- Support personnel – CGS EDI Help Desk staff are dedicated to supporting electronic claim submitters.
- CGS provides information about electronic billing and offer support to all electronic billers in the testing and production process.
MyCGS is a Web-based application in CGS EDI Program developed specifically to serve the needs of health care providers and their staff in Jurisdiction 15. Access to myCGS is available 24/7 and is free of charge. A wide range of information and features are available through myCGS, including:
- Part B Claim Submission (Part B only)
- Claim status
- Remittances Advices
- Beneficiary Eligibility
- Financial Tools
- Forms – Redetermination Requests – Offset Request – Medical Review (MR) Additional Documentation Request (ADR) Responses – Part A Credit Balance Submission (Part A/HHH only) – Credit Balance Report.