Cigna Electronic Data Interchange Claims Process
Cigna Electronic Data Interchange vendors securely transmit data electronically to Cigna and gain many benefits of this process. Filing paper claims can be time consuming. When you submit claims to Cigna electronically, including coordination of benefits (COB) claims, your practice can gain many benefits such as:
- Quicker claims submission, including Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO) network claims
- Faster payments
- Improve claims accuracy – reduce transcription errors and missing data
- No printing and mailing costs
- Spend less time resubmitting corrected claims
- Reduce paperwork
- 24/7 access to claims tracking
- Lower operational costs
- Fewer rejections and resubmissions
- Faster responses and payment
Cigna offers a direct connection implementation process for any provider, clearinghouse, billing service, or other EDI vendor (collectively “EDI Vendor”) willing to connect to Cigna without charging Cigna for EDI transactions. In order to be considered for such an arrangement, EDI Vendors must be EHNAC HNAP-EHN accredited and CAQH Core Certified for the relevant EDI transactions. However, certification is not a guarantee of acceptance, there are other factors Cigna must consider.
If you currently submit 100 percent of your claims to Cigna on paper, and agree to convert to electronic claims submission, you may be eligible to submit claims electronically for free through MD On-Line. You may also qualify for special offers on all payer solutions.
To learn more about Health Care EDI integration and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.