Health Partners Plans Correct Billing Procedures
Health Partners Plans has identified the most common electronic errors that occur and compiled a list of helpful hints.
- All Health Partners Plans (Medicaid) claims must be submitted with the Member’s 9 digit Health Partners Plans ID number.
- All Kidz Partners (CHIP) claims must be submitted with the 10 digit member ID number that starts with a three (3).
- Claims for children should be billed with the child’s 9 digit Health Partners Plans member ID number.
- Verify that the member ID number submitted on the claim is the patient’s Health Partners Plans /Kidz Partners ID number.
- The sex indicator for the patient should be verified before claims are submitted.
- All physician claims must be submitted with the individual rendering provider’s 10 digit National Provider Identifier (NPI) number.
- All facility and ancillary claims must be submitted with the group or organizational 10 digit NPI number.
- For CMS- 1500 claims, individual physician’s number should be entered in the “RENDERING PROVIDER ID. #” field (box 24J), The billing provider’s NPI number should be entered in the “BILLING PROVIDER INFO &PH #” field (box 33A).
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.