Delhaize America 856 EDI DSD Pre-Delivery Ship Notice/Manifest
Delhaize America 856 EDI X12 Transaction Set contains the format and establishes the data contents of the Ship Notice/Manifest Transaction Set (856) for use within the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. Delhaize America 856 EDI Ship Notice is accepted from the vendor and used as a scheduled delivery ticket. This process will expedite the check-in procedure at the stores. Delhaize America 856 EDI Ship Notice must be received at the company Headquarters through EDI no later than 2:00AM ET the day the product is scheduled for delivery in order for the Ship Notice to be used as a delivery ticket.
Delhaize America 856 EDI Notes
- The transaction set identifier (ST01) is used by the translation routines of the interchange partners to select the appropriate transaction set definition (e.g., 810 selects the Invoice Transaction Set).
- The implementation convention reference (ST03) is used by the translation routines of the interchange partners to select the appropriate implementation convention to match the transaction set definition. When used, this implementation convention reference takes precedence over the implementation reference specified in the GS08.
- If BSN07 is present, then BSN06 is required.
- BSN03 is the date the shipment transaction set is created.
- BSN04 is the time the shipment transaction set is created.
- BSN06 is limited to shipment related codes.
- BSN06 and BSN07 differentiate the functionality of use for the transaction set.
- The HL segment is used to identify levels of detail information using a hierarchical structure, such as relating line-item data to shipment data, and packaging data to line-item data. The HL segment defines a top-down/left-right ordered structure.
- HL01 shall contain a unique alphanumeric number for each occurrence of the HL segment in the transaction set. For example, HL01 could be used to indicate the number of occurrences of the HL segment, in which case the value of HL01 would be “1” for the initial HL segment and would be incremented by one in each subsequent HL segment within the transaction.
- HL02 identifies the hierarchical ID number of the HL segment to which the current HL segment is subordinate.
- HL03 indicates the context of the series of segments following the current HL segment up to the next occurrence of an HL segment in the transaction. For example, HL03 is used to indicate that subsequent segments in the HL loop form a logical grouping of data referring to shipment, order, or item-level information.
- HL04 indicates whether or not there are subordinate (or child) HL segments related to the current HL segment.
- This segment, used alone, provides the most efficient method of providing organizational identification. To obtain this efficiency the “ID Code” (N104) must provide a key to the table maintained by the transaction processing party.
- N105 and N106 further define the type of entity in N101.
- If either SN105 or SN106 is present, then the other is required.
- SN101 is the ship notice line-item identification.
- SN105 is quantity ordered.
- SN103 defines the unit of measurement for both SN102 and SN104.