Delhaze EDI Requirements: Hardware and Software
Delhaze EDI Requirements listed and described below refer to all partners working (and those who are going to work) with Delhaze America via EDI. EDI is a form of paperless communication, is a storage and retrieval communication process. EDI allows to transfer hundreds of business documents (purchase orders, invoices, remittance advice, etc.) that are frequently used between Delhaze America and its trading partners with ease and efficiency in a relatively short period of time. In this case, EDI replaces mailed documents, phone calls, and faxes.
Delhaze EDI Requirements for Hardware
In order to become EDI capable you will need some type of computer. Many types of computers can be used to become EDI capable, from a personal computer to a mainframe system. You will need to select the computer that best meets your business needs.
- Computer processor. Software is available for mainframes, midrange processors, and PC’s. Consult your current supplier for more information.
- Communications card, board, or port. This depends on whether you will be communicating ASYNC (asynchronously), BSC (bisynchronously), or SDLC (synchronously).
- Communications cable. This connects your modem to the communications port. It may not be needed if you have an internal modem.
- Modem. The modem depends on the communication interface.
- Modem cable. This is a power cord for the modem and a telephone cable to connect the modem to the phone jack.
- Dial or leased line connection. Use existing telephone jacks, or a dial jack dedicated for data. Dedicate a data line or multi-dropped line for leased line attachments.
Delhaze EDI Requirements for Software
The software you choose should allow you to:
- Create the EDI documents you need to create in the standard and version you need to support
- Provide yourself with a readable document that you can use on your computer system
- Maintain a database for storing your EDI documents and EDI trading partner information
- Send and receive EDI documents to your EDI trading partners at any time
There are many EDI software providers available to assist you in selecting the software for your computer system. EDI software can be traditional translator based software, or can be a web form EDI solution. In order to select the EDI software that will work best with your system, contact your current computer support personnel and current computer software provider. Listings of EDI software suppliers can also be found on the Internet.