Dot EDI Supplier Requirements
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the most efficient way for suppliers to send and receive electronic business transactions. This includes pricing, purchase orders (PO), PO confirmations, invoices, advance ship notifications (ASN), and sales reports. Dot uses EDI to place orders with its supplier partners and communicate with customers, buying groups, and brokers. It helps to improve service to all of the business partners.
EDI Supplier Benefits
- Less Deductions. Price discrepancies and shortages can be identified, fixed prior to shipment and invoicing.
- Reduced Labor Costs. Data is auto-captured, which lessens the chance for error and saves time for your team.
- Better Customer Service. EDI provides up-to-date receipt paperwork, meaning less time is spent at the customer’s dock.
Getting Started with Dor EDI
If you don’t have an in-house EDI team set up (or aren’t ready to do so), Dot recommends hiring a third-party provider. Partnering with an EDI provider can offer EDI software solutions, expertise, and on-going support to ensure improved business efficiencies. While this is not a complete list, it can get you started searching for a reputable EDI partner.
Dot EDI Transactions
- 810 Invoice
- 850 Purchase Order
- 855 PO Acknowledgement
- 856 Advance Ship Notice
- 867 Sales Reporting
- 875 Grocery Products Purchase Order
- 879 Price
- 880 Invoice
- 997 Functional Acknowledgement
EDI Useful Terms
- GS1. A not-for-profit that develops and maintains standards for business communication. The best-known standard is the barcode, which turned 46 this year.
- GDSN. The Global Data Synchronization Network is an internet-based network that allows companies (like you) to exchange product data electronically with their partners.
- Data Pool. Your data pool is the system you use to send and exchange item data through the GDSN. You must use a GS1-certified data pool to display your products on Dot Expressway.
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.