EANCOM INVOIC (Invoice message)
EANCOM Invoice message claims payment for goods or services supplied under conditions agreed between the seller and the buyer. The United Nations Standard Invoice Message, with correct data qualification, serves also as the specification for Debit Note and Credit Note messages. The reference to ‘Invoice’ may be interpreted as conveying the wider meaning of ‘Invoice/Credit Note/Debit Note’.
Invoice Message Principles
- A seller may invoice for one or more transactions
- An invoice may refer to goods, items or services related to one or more orders, delivery instructions, call-offs, etc.
- An invoice may contain references to payment terms
- An invoice for cross border transactions may contain additional information for customs and/or statistical purposes/services
- An invoice may contain transport details.
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.