EDI 315 Status Details (Ocean): The format and data notes for segments Q2, R4, DTM, SE
EDI 315 Status Details (Ocean) is used within the context of the AAFES Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. The EDI 315 Status Details (Ocean) transaction set can be used to provide all the information necessary to report status or event details for selected shipments or containers. It is intended to accommodate the details for one status or event associated with many shipments or containers, as well as more than one status or event for one shipment or container. The notes given below identify the AAFES particular business notes for the EDI 315 Status Details (Ocean).
Q2 Status Details (Ocean)
- If any of Q207 Q208 or Q216 is present, then all are required.
- If Q210 is present, then Q211 is required.
- If either Q214 or Q215 is present, then the other is required.
- Q202 is the code identifying the country in which the ship (vessel) is registered.
- Q203 is the required pier date.
- Q204 is the date of departure of the vessel.
- Q205 is the date the shipment was unloaded from the vessel.
R4 Port or Terminal
- If either R402 or R403 is present, then the other is required.
- R4 is required for each port to be identified.
DTM Date/Time Reference
- At least one of DTM02 DTM03 or DTM05 is required.
- If DTM04 is present, then DTM03 is required.
- If either DTM05 or DTM06 is present, then the other is required.
- Time expressed in 24-hour clock time as follows: HHMM, or HHMMSS, or HHMMSSD, or HHMMSSDD, where H = hours (00-23), M = minutes (00- 59), S = integer seconds (00-59) and DD = decimal seconds; decimal seconds are expressed as follows: D = tenths (0-9) and DD = hundredths (00-99).
SE Transaction Set Trailer
SE is the last segment of each transaction set.
EDI technologies save companies money by providing an alternative to, or replacing information flows that require a great deal of human interaction and materials such as paper documents, meetings, faxes, etc.