EDI 855 Business Rules For Lowe’s Vendors
EDI 855 business rules for sending in a change or cancellation apply to all Lowe’s vendors. Find them listed below.
- Cancellations and changes should only be sent by pre-approved vendors.
- The Vendor may not modify any Purchase Order that has been vouchered, invoiced, cancelled or received at the Lowe’s location.
- The Vendor may not modify SOS Purchase Orders (Special Orders).
- The Vendor should send in an Order Contact in the PER segment. The order contact should be the person at the store or the contact at the vendor that is requesting the product or requesting the changes.
- When a change is sent, the vendor is required to include all items in the PO change as it will replace the original PO.
- Lowe’s will perform a summarization when the item number is reported multiple times on a purchase order. Also, if multiple UPC’s are submitted that are linked to the same item number, Lowe’s will summarize the multiple quantities into a total quantity for the line item.
- The Vendor will be allowed to make the following changes.
- Add or Delete SKU(s)
- Change the SKU quantities
- Change the Arrival Date to a date between 30 days ago and 1 year away.
- Change the Ship Date to a date between 30 days ago and 1 year away.
- Change the cross-dock location (must be a valid DC location)
- Void the Purchase Order
- The Vendor will not be allowed to change the following fields:
- Store Number
- Purchase Order Number
- Item Price
- Reference Number
- Truck Load Number for Cross-Dock Orders
- A vendor can submit multiple changes to the same Purchase Order before it has been vouchered, invoiced, cancelled or received at the Lowe’s location.
- If the vendor sends an original reverse purchase order with an invalid Reference number (REF 02), the order will need to be sent again as an original (not a change) with the correct reference number. A cancellation order is not needed for the first original reverse purchase order since Lowe’s was not able to process it with an invalid reference number.
- Lowe’s processes 855’s in the following order:
- Changes and Voids
- If a vendor sends an original and a change the same day, the PO will get posted to Lowe’s system with the data transmitted in the change document.
- If the vendor sends an original and sends a cancellation and then resends the same PO number as an original again, Lowe’s will process the PO as a cancellation and the PO will not get posted to the Lowe’s system.
To learn more about EDI transactions and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.