EDI Domestic Shipments Requirements (Zappos Routing Request)
EDI Domestic Shipments Requirements: Zappos does not require packing lists for its domestic inbound shipments. However, if it is part of vendor standard routine to attach or include a packing slip with its Purchase Order, vendor is free to do so.
Accurate total number of cartons per Purchase Order
- Accurate total number of units of product per Purchase Order
- Total actual weight in pounds (lbs.) per Purchase Order
- Cubic feet per Purchase Order: Formula for cubic feet: (L” x W” x H”) / 1728 x number of cartons = total cubic feet
- Accurate Ready to Ship Date
- The address and shipping hours of the pick-up location (e.g., supplier warehouse, port)
- Origin contact person with e-mail address and phone number.
Deviation from the number of cartons/units approved to ship and the number of cartons/units actually shipped must be verified by vendor/shipper via email to Zappos within 24 hours after shipment has departed their facility. Failure to notify Zappos of any discrepancies may result in chargeback and/or return at vendor’s expense.
Upon approval of your Routing Request submitted via the Zappos Routing Request Portal, you will receive instructions via e-mail from Zappos Inbound Logistics team. EDI Domestic Shipments instructions will include whether the shipment is approved to ship via small package carrier, Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) or Truckload (TL).
If you are approved to ship via UPS:
On the Vendor provided Ready to Ship Date of the approved Dispatch, an email will be sent containing pre-paid UPS Ground carton labels. You have the option to print and apply 8 ½”X11” paper labels or 4”x6” thermal labels. Once this email is received, please proceed with the following steps that will be included in the body of the email.
Instructions for 8 ½” X 11” Paper:
1. Open the attached “UPS Labels…” PDF file and Print the label(s) onto standard 8 ½” X 11” paper(s).
2. Ensure that there are no other carrier tracking labels attached to your carton(s).
3. Fold each printed label at the dotted line. Place each label in a UPS Shipping Pouch. If you do not have a pouch, affix each folded label using clear plastic shipping tape over the entire label. Securely apply one label per carton while being sure to leave any barcodes clearly visible for scanning.
The PO # will be clearly marked on each UPS Label. If shipping more than 1 PO please ensure the labels for each PO are applied to the corresponding PO’s cartons.
4. Have your carton(s) ready for the Daily UPS Collection driver as usual or take the package(s) to any location of The UPS Store®, UPS Customer Center, UPS Alliances (Office Depot® or Staples®) or Authorized Shipping Outlet near you.
All products and cartons must comply with all federal, state and local carrier HAZMAT laws, regulations and guidelines.