EDI Invoicing Instructions (The Finish Line Vendors)
EDI Invoicing Instructions cover requirements for EDI invoices (document 810) received from The Finish Line EDI vendors. Vendors are required to trade all supported EDI documents either through traditional EDI or via the web-based solution. All invoices must include the following:
- Vendor name, address, and phone number(s).
- Vendor account number.
- Vendor contact name and phone number
- Remittance address if different from corporate address.
- The Finish Line USA, Inc. purchase order number.
- Invoice date.
- Terms, including percent discount and number of days.
- Unit cost.
- Defective Allowance (if applicable).
- The date merchandise was shipped.
- The number of units shipped by style number, color code, and size.
- The Finish Line Inc. store number if shipped directly to a store(s).
The precise naming convention as shown below:
- Invoices mailed and billed: The Finish Line USA, Inc.
- Product shipped to a store: The Finish Line. Inc.
- Mailing and billing address: 3308 N. Mitthoeffer Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46235, Attn: Accounts Payable
- Product Shipped to DC addresses: The Finish Line Distribution, Inc., 3308 N. Mitthoeffer Rd. Indianapolis, IN 46235
- Product shipped directly to a Finish Line store address: Mall Name, The Finish Line Inc. and store number, Store Address, City, State Zip
- Product shipped directly to a JD Sports store address: Mall Name, The Finish Line Inc. (DBA as JD Sports) and store number, Store Address, City, State Zip.
Additional requirements and information:
- Each purchase order must be invoiced separately.
- Concealed shortages will be deducted from the payment.
- Price differences and returns will be deducted from the payment.
- Commission on the shortages will be deducted from the payment.
- Non-compliance with the EDI Invoicing Instructions in this manual will be deducted from invoice payment.
The Finish Line is unable to research or address any disputes older than 6 months from the cancel date on the purchase order. If a charge is disputed, it must be in writing and include The Finish Line Inc. purchase order number, the estimated or actual date of receipt, and reason the charge is being disputed. Any fee will be deducted from the invoice.
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.