EDI Messages Recording And Storage (Operational requirements for Hella EDI Suppliers)
EDI Messages Recording And Storage (a complete and chronological record of all EDI messages exchanged by the parties in the course of a trade transaction and the transmission log files) shall be applied by each party, unaltered and securely, in accordance with the time limits and specifications prescribed by the legislative requirements of its own national law. In the event of disputes or errors, a party has the right, on request, to obtain an excerpt from the other party’s Interchange Log regarding the joint EDI traffic. The excerpt shall be provided in a form which is readable for the recipient and without cost to the recipient.
EDI messages shall be stored by the sender in the transmitted format and by the receiver in the format in which they are received. Parties shall ensure that electronic or computer records of the EDI messages shall be readily accessible, are capable of being reproduced in a human readable form and of being printed, if required. Any operational equipment required in this connection shall be retained.
Operational requirements for EDI
The parties undertake to implement and maintain the operational environment to operate EDI according to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Operational equipment: The parties shall provide and maintain, the equipment, software and services necessary to transmit, receive, translate, record and store EDI messages.
- Means of communication: The parties shall determine the means of communication to be used, including the telecommunication protocols and if required, the choice of third party service providers.
- EDI message agreements: All EDI messages shall be transmitted in accordance with agreed formats, recommendations and procedures.
- Codes: Data element code lists referred to in EDI messages shall include UN/CEFACT maintained code lists, international code lists issued as ISO international standards, UN/ECE, Joint Automotive Industry Forum (JAIF) and Odette code lists or other officially published code lists.
- Availability and planned maintenance: A party which intends to change parts of its information system in a manner which can be expected to affect Interchange of EDI messages shall inform the counterparty of this in sufficient time so that the parties can jointly conduct required tests to ensure that Interchange of EDI messages can take place in the agreed manner even after the change.
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.