GSA EDI Technical Information (Required EDI Transactions)
Inbound EDI (Transactions sent to GSS Global Supply from Vendors)
- 855: Purchase Order Acknowledgement with three possible types of status: Accept, Backorder or Cancel
- 856: Advance Ship Notice/Manifest with one possible type of status: Ship
- 810: Invoice (Full and Partial Amounts)
- 997: Functional Acknowledgement
Outbound EDI (Transactions sent from GSS Global Supply to Vendors)
- 850: Purchase Order (PO)
- Transactions are sent out as they are processed in OMS
- For VAN and SFTP vendors, transactions are available for pick-up once they have been processed.
- OMS does not push, but allows vendors to “pick-up” at their convenience/preference. The time between creation of PO and it being on the VAN could vary from 5 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on traffic/volume/activity
- 860: Purchase Order Cancellation / Customer Initiated Change
- 997: Functiona lAcknowledgement.
To learn more about EDI transactions and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.