EDI Transmits Tips (Lord & Taylor Vendor Transmissions)
If vendor errors are identified during EDI Transmit, expense offset charges may be assessed. Vendors should note that if changing VANS from Lord & Taylor direct connect mailboxes at GXS and Inovis Inc., to any interconnect, all 852 Sales Data Reports will be turned off.
- Assign a unique bill of lading number (BOL) for each shipment. Using a BOL number multiple times will cause the ASN to be rejected.
- Lord & Taylor uses a 14-digit Bill of Lading number. If you transmit the 17-digit VICS BOL number, the system will truncate by dropping the three leading digits and use the last 14-digits of your Bill of Lading number. This will help avoid duplicate BOL numbers.
- Send EDI transmissions with a unique ISA control number. T
- he following is a list of frequently occurring errors to avoid:
- SLN segment in the 856-ASN (If you are retail price marking your merchandise)
- SLN06 must be the retail price value
- N1 ST segments:
- N103 must be 92
- N104 must be a 4-digit left zero filled numeric value
- N1 SF segments:
- N103 must be 91
- N104 must be your EDI Sender ID number (numeric values only)
- N1 BY segments:
- N104 must be a 4-digit left zero filled numeric value – NO ALPHA Characters
- LIN segments must be populated with UK, for GTINs (VICS version 4030 ONLY).
- REF segments must be populated with correct BOL numbers, 4-digit department numbers, etc.
- All GS1-128 carton numbers and MAN segments must be 20-digit numeric value.
- Insure uniqueness of your 20-Digit carton numbers. Duplicate carton numbers will result in rejected ASNs and expense-offset charges may be assessed.
- Insure all segments are populated accurately based on our EDI mapping standards o Transmit documents once.
- Only rejected documents that have been corrected should be retransmitted.
Tips for the updated Mappings 856 ASN
- REF – only use 14 digits.
- N1 – NI04, direct to store DC#, or “9999” for Direct-to-Store
- PRF – PO#, 12 digits, it is now the PO#+ DC#. For example: 939123450082
- TD101 segment to be used for L&Tonly
- HL segment to be used for L&Tonly
- PO4 mandatory, if information not available, please populate with a “1”
- LIN – UK segment, EAN/GS1-14(GTIN) mandatory for 4030, no longer is 4010 accepted
Tips for the updated Mappings 850 PO
- BEG02 – Purchase Order Type code: RE, SA, BK, RL
- BEG03 – Purchase Order Number, 12 digits
- N1 – Ordered By segment optional, used for drop ship orders
- N3 – Special Order Address Information segment optional, used for drop ship orders
- PO103 – Unit or Basis for Measurement Code, EA = Each, CA= case
- CTP03 – $1 hard key accepted for now, must let Lord and Taylor know when compliant
- SDQ – Destination – Quantity Data, will not be sent on BK order (BEG02).
To learn more about EDI mapping and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.