EDIFACT AND TRADACOMS EDI Fundamentals & Best Practices
EDIFACT AND TRADACOMS EDI trainings are designed for European EDI users and take place at EDI Academy London, UK training facility. EDIFACT AND TRADACOMS EDI seminars consist of four sessions covering basic and fundamental knowledge as well as deeper EDI practice with real-world examples. The content of the EDIFACT AND TRADACOMS EDI trainings is given below.
Session One: Introduction to EDI
This session defines EDI-its origin, history, and common terminology. It also describes how EDI has evolved over the years to become a globally recognized standard for doing business electronically. You learn the roles of different organizations that define and govern the EDI industry, including UN/EDIFACT, TRADACOMS AND ANSI X12. How EDI is used to compose business solutions in different industries (retail, automotive, transportation, etc.) is explained, as well.
Session Two: Components of an EDI Environment and EDI Communication Methods
Communications is a critical area in any EDI implementation. This session emphasizes different options (value-added networks, Internet EDI-AS1, AS2, FTP, etc.) available for moving vital data from one place to another. It also focuses on EDI enveloping and provides a sample scenario of setting up EDI communications with an EDI trading partner. Examples help you gain an in-depth understanding of how an EDI implementation should be integrated with a company’s internal network, hardware, security, and software. The second portion of this session is an overview of the personnel, software, and hardware components of a typical EDI setup.
Session Three: Business Analysis and Mapping – Deciphering TRADACOMS and EDIFACT Transactions
This EDI training session is the bulk of the course and it focuses on the following transactions:
- UN/EDIFACT EDI Enveloping (UNA/UNB/UNG/UNH/UNT/UNE/UNZ)
- TRADACOMS EDI Enveloping (STX/END/ BAT/EOB/ MHD/MTR)
- ANSI EDI Enveloping (ISA/GS/ST/SE/GE/IEA)
- Key Terminology: Segment, Element, Qualifier and etc.
- Introduction to the UN/EDIFACT STANDARDS MANUAL – TRADACOMS – and ANSI X12 Manual
- Analyzing Implementation Guides
- UN/EDIFACT Message CUSDEC – Customs Declaration Message
- UN/EDIFACT Message CUSRES – Customs Response Message
- UN/EDIFACT Message ORDERS – Purchase Order Message
- UN/EDIFACT Message INVOIC – Invoice Message
- UN/EDIFACT Message DESADV – Dispatch Advice Message
- TRADACOMS ACKHDR Acknowledgement File
- TRADACOMS DELHDR Delivery Notification File
- TRADACOMS INVFIL Invoice File
- TRADACOMS ORDHDR Order File
- TRADACOMS PAYHDR Payment Order File
Other topics in this section:
- Analyzing EDI Implementation Guides
- Mapping Best Practices
- Mapping Exercise
- Translation Mapping Scenarios
There will be an implementation best practices section for each of the transactions listed which will discuss the advantages to be gained and the pitfalls to avoid for each transaction. For the most popular transactions there will be a mapping exercise conducted. All the scenarios, case studies, examples and best practices are from real world EDI professionals. Additional transactions may be requested during registration.
Session Four: Implementations Best Practices
This session covers various real world examples of successful EDI implementation solutions. It focuses on best practices for EDI partner communications and rollout programs. It also includes information about frequently used barcodes, such as GS1 labels, EAN/UPC codes, and the use of Global Data Synchronization.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org us to get more info and register for the course.