Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Billing Requirements For We Energies Partners
Electronic data interchange allows customers with an EDI infrastructure to exchange billing data between organizations and offers benefits to larger companies:
- Quickly process billing information and conduct analysis
- Reduce data entry costs and expedite payment approval
- Access bill information in your system in the format you want
One of We Energies representatives will work with a vendor to ensure a smooth transition to EDI Billing. Once a vendor is enrolled in EDI Billing, his paper bills stop, and his bills are sent electronically the day they are prepared. Bill inserts and other information that was mailed with vendor paper statement also are sent electronically.
To enroll in EDI Billing, vendor must follow implementation guides, agree to We Energies terms and conditions and meet the following requirements:
- EDI software: If your organization does not already have EDI capability, you will need to purchase and install EDI translation software and hardware infrastructure. Your software must be capable of receiving the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) X-12, Utility Industry Group (UIG) and Transaction Set 810 Invoice.
- VAN mailbox: You must create an electronic mailbox with a Value Added Network service provider (VAN) or with a third-party provider. You must have access to a VAN for EDI 810 invoices.
- Electronic payment required: You must agree to pay your bill with any of our convenient electronic options. To maximize EDI convenience and benefits, we suggest We Energies EDI 820 payment option.
Questions and answers
Can I select which (and how many) accounts I want to enroll in EDI Billing?
Yes. You can pick any number of eligible accounts to enroll in EDI Billing.
Can I choose to stop using EDI Billing and go back to paper statements?
Yes. You can choose to stop EDI Billing at any time and switch back to paper billing.
Can I use EDI billing if I’m currently on the Group Bill program?
Accounts are not eligible to be set up in both Group Bill and EDI Billing at the same time. Our account representatives can assist you in transitioning from Group Bill to EDI Billing. With EDI Billing, you can group and sort your bills any way you want.
What payment methods are available if I use EDI Billing?
You must agree to pay your bill with any of our convenient electronic options. To maximize the convenience and benefits of EDI, We Energies suggest EDI 820 payment option. Other electronic payment options are available.
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.