Finish Line Shipping Labels (Label Placement – Shipping Cartons)
Finish Line Shipping labels must be placed in the lower right hand corner of the long end of the carton. Finish Line Shipping labels basic demands:
- A standard GS1-128 shipping label is required with minimum grade quality of ‘B.’
- GS1-128 carton numbers must be 20 digits long.
- Standard shipping labels, 6” high by 4” wide, should be used.
- Labels should be white with black lettering.
- Font size & labels should be legible (not hand written) and EASY TO READ
- Font size 24 is preferred
- Minimum font size 12
- Place the shipping label in the lower right hand corner of the long end of the carton.
- If any additional labels (i.e., a carton content label) are needed, place it next to and to the left of the GS1-128 label.
- Carton content labels should be used when required information can not fit on a GS1-128 label.
- Information does not have to be duplicated on a label if it is shown near the label. IE Carton Markings.
The following Information is required on a shipping label:
- Finish Line Purchase Order Number
- Finish Line Style Number from the Purchase Order
- Finish Line Color Code from the Purchase Order
- Finish Line Size or Sizes in Carton
- The Quantity by Size that is in the Carton
- The Total Quantity
- The Carton Count (1 of 150, 2 of 150, 3 of 150, etc.)
- Inner Packs inside must be noted on the carton label that the order has inner packs inside.
- The store number for our DC #901 must be included on the shipping label
- Postal code in bar code format (if possible).
- Carrier information
SOLID GS1-128 LABEL, PREPACK GS1-128 LABEL, SOLID – CARTON CONTENT LABEL
- Vendors are permitted to have the words Style, Color Code, Size, and Quantity on shipping labels.
- Although, the descriptive words are NOT required on the label.
- Format is preferred but not required. Information may be left justified
- GS1-128 labels are required. If you cannot fit all required information on a GS1-128 label use a carton content label for the required information you cannot fit. The Carton Content Label is the same as Zone E of the GS1-128 Label.
- Master UPC labels for pre-pack orders may be placed on, or next to, the shipping label.
INNER PACK – CARTON CONTENT LABEL
- Finish Line purchase order number
- Finish Line style from purchase order
- Finish Line color code from purchase order
- Product size in carton
- Total quantity in carton
- Inner packs – Note inner packs are inside.
To learn more about EDI shipping labels and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.