General Mills EDI 315 Status Details (Ocean) Transaction Mapping Notes
General Mills EDI 315 Status Details (Ocean) mapping guides given below in today’s blog post establish the additional data contents of the General Mills EDI 315 Status Details (Ocean) Transaction Set for use within the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. The General Mills EDI 315 Status Details (Ocean) transaction set can be used to provide all the information necessary to report status or event details for selected shipments or containers. It is intended to accommodate the details for one status or event associated with many shipments or containers, as well as more than one status or event for one shipment or container.
ST Transaction Set Header
The transaction set identifier (ST01) used by the translation routines of the interchange partners to select the appropriate transaction set definition (e.g., 810 selects the Invoice Transaction Set).
B4 Beginning Segment for Inquiry or Reply
- P0708 – If either B407 or B408 is present, then the other is required.
- P1112 – If either B411 or B412 is present, then the other is required.
- B404 is the date of last reported status of cargo.
N9 Reference Identification
- R0203 – At least one of N902 or N903 is required.
- C0605 – If N906 is present, then N905 is required.
- N906 reflects the time zone which the time reflects.
- N907 contains data relating to the value cited in N902.
Q2 Status Details (Ocean)
- P070816 – If either Q207, Q208 or Q216 are present, then the others are required.
- C1011 – If Q210 is present, then Q211 is required.
- P1415 – If either Q214 or Q215 is present, then the other is required.
- Q202 is the code identifying the country in which the ship (vessel) is registered.
- Q203 is the required pier date.
- Q204 is the date of departure of the vessel.
- Q205 is the date the shipment was unloaded from the vessel.
R4 Port or Terminal
- P0203 – If either R402 or R403 is present, then the other is required.
- R4 is required for each port to be identified.
DTM Date/Time Reference
- R020305 – At least one of DTM02, DTM03 or DTM05 is required.
- C0403 – If DTM04 is present, then DTM03 is required.
- P0506 – If either DTM05 or DTM06 is present, then the other is required.
Have troubles with opening your EDI file? Try our FREE EDI Viewer and convert X12 RAW EDI data to a human-readable format.