General Mills EDI Invoice Vendor Procedures
General Mills EDI Invoice procedures ensure smooth and efficient billing. All vendors (except Freight Carriers) have to submit invoices via EDI or other available (and agreed) methods like Taulia Portal. General Mills EDI Invoices must be submitted to the General Mills Accounts Payable Department directly from the vendor. If you are a vendor who is set up on EDI or TAULIA PORTAL, you are required to submit all transactions via EDI or the PORTAL. The Taulia Portal enables suppliers to create and submit invoices, track invoice status & take early payments. If you are a vendor who supplies indirect material or services and are set up on the Coupa Supplier Network (CSN) or submits cXML, you may submit all transactions via CSN or cXML. All other existing vendor invoices submitted via email will be rejected resulting in delayed payments or no payment at all.
Informational Data Requirements for freight invoices:
- The correct GM Company name noted in the “Bill to” address
- Each invoice must contain a GMI contact name/email address or the reference number for freight carriers (found on the bill of lading)
Format Requirements for email:
- Max e-mail size of 5MB & File Name cannot be longer than 55 characters in length
- Each invoice must be its own attachment, limit of 10 attachments per email
- Acceptable formats: .PDF, .TIF, .DOC, .DOCX, .XLS., .XLSX (No ZIP or password protected files)
- For Carriers residing in Mexico and invoicing GIGANTE VERDE, S. DE R.L. DE C.V.;
- Acceptable formats are: .PDF and XML
- One PDF and One XML per email & All back-up documentation must be included in the PDF
- Additional information sent with the invoice must be included in the attachment of the invoice
- Attachment names must not include parentheses or percent symbols
- No encryptions or read receipt requests, No confirmation of receipt, No cover letters, statements or inquiries.
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.