Gentex Packaging And Shipping Documentation Requirements
Gentex Packaging And Shipping Documentation guidelines require all suppliers to be responsible for designing packaging that will protect the product during shipment and maintain the integrity of the product during storage. Other specific requirements may be determined based on the commodity purchased and the geographical location of the purchase. The Gentex Buyer or Material Planner will inform the supplier of these requirements.
All containers must fit securely on a standard 45″ x 48″ (114cm x 122 cm) skid and may not overhang any side of the skid unless explicitly approved by Gentex. Total skid height (including the skid) cannot be higher than 52 inches (134 cm). Total skid load (including the skid) is not to exceed 1750 lbs (793 Kilograms). All skids must be in good condition with no loose, damaged or missing runners or slats. All cartons shipped to Gentex on skids must be securely held to the skid using stretch wrap or banding.
No mixed engineering revision levels of a Gentex part number on the same skid. International shipments must use stretch wrap to protect the shipment from saltwater damage. All skids received with multiple part numbers must have labels that state “Mixed Load”. A minimum of one label on each side of the skid must be used – 4 labels per skid.
Only one part number per individual shipping carton (over-pack container/box). This part number must be the same as the part number indicated on our Purchase Order. Individual cartons cannot exceed 30lbs. Exceptions may be made for over-pack containers/boxes, but this must be communicated to and agreed upon by Gentex. No mixed Purchase Orders or Purchase Order line numbers per over-pack container. No mixed engineering revision levels of a Gentex part number in the same over-pack container. Each over-pack box must be labeled per Gentex Labeling Specifications included in this document and must contain a single Gentex part number, Purchase Order number, Purchase Order line number, and Gentex engineering revision level. All suppliers are required to utilize the Gentex Labeling Specifications.
Each shipment must be accompanied by a packing slip. The packing slip will be used for receipt. The packing slip must be securely fastened to the container and must contain the following:
- Supplier Name and Address
- Gentex Part Number(s)
- Gentex Part Revision Level (Engineering Revision)
- Part Description
- Part Quantity and Unit of Measure
- Packing Slip Number
- Purchase Order Number
- Purchase Order Line Number
- The Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) Code where applicable
- All Hazardous Chemicals must be accompanied by a Certificate of Analysis (COA) and/or Certificate of Conformance (CofC) for each individual lot number provided to Gentex and all information on the COA and/or CofC must match the information provided on the Over-pack Labeling spec as noted in this document.
- All Hazardous Chemical over-pack containers shall also be labeled in accordance with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS).
The following items must be included with each international shipment:
- Bill of Lading
- Packing Slip
- HTSUS Code
- Country of Origin
- Commercial Invoice
All documentation related to international shipments must be transmitted to the initiating Gentex Buyer or Material Planner via e-mail. All copies must be in English and recognizably legible. This information must include:
- Commercial invoice including proper country of origin designation
- Master airway bill/House airway bill or
- Ocean bill of lading
- Flight number, ETA or vessel number and ETA
- Certificate of Fumigation, if applicable.
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.