Gentex Standard Over-Pack Label must be used to comply with the Standard Over-Pack Label specifications listed below unless you provide Hazardous Chemicals or have been contacted by Gentex to provide an ASN specific label. Over-pack containers must have labels with the following information in the order listed below:
- Gentex Purchase Order Number with barcode including the embedded data identifier “K”
- Gentex Release Number with barcode including the embedded data identifier “5K”
- Please note – release number will not be used for all orders; release number is specific to the type of order that is sent to a supplier.
- Order types are:
- Blanket Release – Blanket Release documents will contain both line and release number
- Standard Purchase Order – Standard Purchase Orders will only contain line number.
- This field will need to be included on all over-pack labels, regardless of order type and will need to be left blank in the case where the release number is not applicable
- Gentex Purchase Order Line Number with barcode including the embedded data identifier “4K”
- Gentex Part Number with barcode including the embedded data identifier “P” along with part description
- Current Gentex Engineering Revision Level with barcode including the embedded data identifier “2P”
- Total Quantity contained within the over-pack container with barcode including the embedded data identifier “Q”
- Manufacture Date with barcode – this field requires no embedded data identifier
- The human readable text must be in the following format: MM/DD/YYYY
- The barcode must be in the following format: MMDDYYYY (no separator)
- Please note that the “Manufacture Date” is to be the date on which the material inside the box was manufactured; please do not mix multiple manufacture dates within a single box
- Unique Serial Number (LPN) for the package with barcode including the embedded data identifier “S”
- Serial number must be in the following format – SSSSS#########
- S denotes supplier code as defined in the Gentex Oracle EBS system
- # denotes a 9-digit randomized non-repeating number; this may include alpha-numeric text (letters or numbers)
- When the serial number does not include the full nine alpha-numeric text following the supplier code, it must be left padded by zeros (i.e. 13791123 = Unacceptable, 13791000000123 = Acceptable, where 13791 indicates the supplier code)
Each over pack container must have a completely unique serial number. Serial numbers cannot be repeated or re-used at any time in the future.
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.