GSA Global Supply Vendors EDI Onboarding Process
EDI Vendors must follow a standardized onboarding process to set up a connection to the EDI gateway. The EDI onboarding process starts immediately after a contract is awarded to the vendor. To initiate the onboarding process, GSS Global Supply will provide vendors with an EDI “survey” which is used to determine a vendor’s specific EDI capabilities. A vendor EDI kickoff meeting will be facilitated to exchange connection information and review EDI requirements.
The vendor must provide a test catalog which is used to generate test transactions that need to be received, acknowledged and processed by the vendor. The testing also confirms that GSA Global Supply and vendor EDI systems can communicate with each other using mandated transaction formats. The testing process concludes with GSA Global Supply validating the transactions received from the vendor and providing approval to be a certified GSA Global Supply EDI vendor. Once approved, the vendor can start conducting business with GSA Global Supply using EDI.
Required EDI Transactions
Inbound EDI (Transactions sent to GSS Global Supply from Vendors)
- 855: PurchaseOrder Acknowledgement with three possible types ofstatus: Accept, Backorder or Cancel
- 856: Advance Ship Notice/Manifest with one possible type ofstatus: Ship
- 810: Invoice (Full and Partial Amounts)
- 997: FunctionalAcknowledgement
Outbound EDI (Transactionssent from GSS Global Supply to Vendors)
- 850: PurchaseOrder (PO)
- Transactions are sent out as they are processed in OMS
- For VAN and SFTP vendors, transactions are available for pick-up once they have been processed.
- OMS does not push, but allows vendors to “pick-up” at their convenience/preference. The time between creation of PO and it being on the VAN could vary from 5 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on traffic/volume/activity
- 860: PurchaseOrder Cancellation / Customer Initiated Change
- 997: FunctionalAcknowledgement.
To learn more about EDI onboarding process and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.