Halliburton Partner EDI Program Requirements
Halliburton Partner EDI Department manages the set-up and transmissions of electronic business documents between Halliburton’s suppliers, customers, freight forwarders and banking partners. Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is a way to exchange business documents electronically with Halliburton using established standards for file formats and transmission methods. EDI is used to integrate with suppliers, customers, freight carriers, and banks.
Benefits of using EDI:
- Faster, more accurate and secure delivery of commercial documents
- Accurate, single point of delivery for business documents
- Business documents can be sent directly into the backend system, eliminating the time, errors and effort of manual data entry
- Improved contract compliance by leveraging electronic price verification
- Less time required for buyer approval
|ANSI X12: version 4010|
|For Logistics Partners||
|EDIFACT: version 06A|
When a supplier integrates with Halliburton using EDI, all transactions will be electronic and no paper documents will be processed. EDI implementation guides for purchase orders and invoices will be provided to the supplier or to the supplier’s EDI service provider. As part of on-boarding a supplier for EDI, a testing process will be completed and appropriate approvals obtained. It is essential suppliers understand that the exchange of EDI transactions must be performed in this basic sequence:
- Halliburton issues POs, which are transmitted hourly to the supplier’s EDI system
- The supplier’s EDI system will transmit a functional acknowledgment (997) upon receipt
- The supplier will ship the materials ordered
- The buyer will create a goods receipt on the PO in Halliburton’s purchasing system
- The supplier will transmit to Halliburton’s EDI system an invoice which includes any applicable additional charges (e.g., freight charges) and taxes
- The invoice will be pulled in overnight and get posted to the PO based on PO number AND invoice line item number. If the PO number and invoice line item numbers on the invoice don’t match the PO, the invoice will not be paid
- Halliburton will transmit a functional acknowledgment (997) upon receipt
- Any corrections/changes MUST be processed with additional EDI invoice transactions. This may require that the supplier transmit a credit to offset an incorrect invoice value.
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.