Hayneedle EDI Vendor Purchase Order Processing And Invoicing
Hayneedle EDI Vendor is required to ship all purchase orders complete; no split-shipments are allowed. Deviation from this requirement could result in additional shipping charges to Hayneedle which will be billed back to the vendor. Vendors must be able to receive and acknowledge Purchase Orders sent electronically from Hayneedle. “Electronic” can include EDI or Hayneedle’s web-based vendor portal; via standard or batch processing methods.
- Quantities, styles, colors, and sizes must be shipped as indicated on the Purchase Order; no substitutions unless written authorization is obtained.
- Acknowledgment of new PO’s must be completed within 24 hours of receipt (vendor portal or EDI).
Hayneedle EDI Vendor Invoicing
- Invoices should be sent to Hayneedle electronically – either EDI or through a vendor portal batch upload.
- Hayneedle’s standard terms are 60 days unless otherwise agreed-upon within the Hayneedle Terms and Conditions.
- Please direct invoice inquiries to Hayneedle Accounts Payable department
- Tracking must be applied to all orders and is required before payment of an invoice is made. Please refer to the Hayneedle Master Training Manual, found under Vendor Portal Training Documents
- Hayneedle will deduct agreed-upon general discounts or allowances from invoiced amounts.
- Pricing updates are to be performed in the vendor portal within 30 days of price change effective date. If pricing is not updated on time and is incorrect at the time of customer shipment, the invoice will be debited to reflect the priced agreed-upon at the time of shipment. Please refer to the Hayneedle Master Training Manual for further instructions on how to perform pricing updates.
- Each payment will be accompanied by a remittance advice outlining what is being paid and any debits being deducted.
- Compliance Debit Memo letters will be mailed via United States Postal Service and General Debit Memos will be emailed to the accounting contact on file.
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.