Hibbet 856 ASN Requirements And Procedures
Hibbet 856 ASN must be always accurate as merchandise will move through the Hibbett DC directly from the inbound truck via a sortation / conveyor system (AKA cross dock) on to the outbound store delivery truck. Vendors must follow the requirements set by Hibbet EDI Program as for Hibbet 856 ASN:
- Before sending Hibbet 856 ASN, the vendor must first complete the Hibbett EDI Implementation Program. Testing will not begin until a vendor is providing 100% preticketed (Hibbett retail / UPC barcode) shipments and a UPC catalog through SPS Commerce or Inovis (formerly QRS).
- All EDI shipments to Hibbett’s DC require an EDI routing request for exact number of cartons in shipment and a corresponding Hibbet 856 ASN. The ASN must be an accurate representation of each shipment (ie carton count). Each carton should contain merchandise for only one purchase order and one store destination.
- Hibbett requires an ASN (856) with item level information, reported in eaches, for every carton shipped (for both SDQ and SLN segment POs). ASN must be an accurate representation of shipment.
- UNIT OF MEASURE = EACH = UPC = SELLING UNIT
- Each truckload requires 1 unique Bill of Lading (BOL) transmitted in element 02 of the REF segment of the ASN.
- Each ASN (856) transmission is required to have a unique BSN (shipment #) in the BEG 02 and must not be duplicated.
- Mark for (N104) identification code on bulks and prepacks are required to reference store location 14.
- ASN transmitted as bulk must contain one UPC per carton.
- The ASN (856) must be 100% accurate and include all requested data. TRANSMIT ASNS FOR THE AMOUNT OF PRODUCT SHIPPED BY SHIPMENT.
- For masterpacked shipments, outer carton must be clearly labeled a masterpack; inner cartons must have the GS1-128 labels and corresponding ASN. All masterpack cartons must be clearly labeled as a masterpack. Each inner carton must be sealed with staples and / or tape and comply with carton size requirements.
- Any system issue that prevents transmission of a timely ASN (856) should be reported to the Hibbett EDI Department immediately at email@example.com. If ASN (856) data is not provided for a carton / shipment, an expense offset will be assessed or the shipment may be refused.
- If a new EDI system is installed or any major changes are made to your current system, the Hibbett EDI Department must be contacted for re-certification of the trading partnership, ensuring that future transmissions continue to meet Hibbett standards.
- Distribution Center shipments require an ASN and must contain the following mandatory HIBBETT Required Segments: TD5 (Carrier) & TD1 (carton weight).
HIBBETT STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THE “SCAN AND PACK” METHOD OF SHIP NOTICE (856) CREATION.
NEVER PACK MULTIPLE PURCHASE ORDERS IN THE SAME CARTON.