HIPAA EDI 835 (Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) Mapping Test
Do you feel comfortable with EDI 835 Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) Mapping? When someone sounds out EDI terms ISA, GS, ST, DTM, NM1, is it clear for you what this person means? We have prepared HIPAA EDI 835 Mapping Exercise to check the level of your Health Care EDI knowledge.
HIPAA EDI 835 Scenario
The Outbound 837P, completed in Exercise 1, was sent on to Blue Cross the payer. The Claim was adjudicated and Blue Cross has transmitted the 835 5010A1 transaction directly to the receiving billing provider, Abuncha Physicians. Within the transaction are also two additional claims for the same patient, from claims sent previously.
Check #: EFT20160114006979 dated: 01/14/2016 Check total: $85.25 Deposit (ACH)
The objective here is to translate the Inbound 835 005010X221A1 transaction and fill in the missing data, EOB payments and adjustments.
HIPAA EDI 835 Supporting Information
CLP01 Claim Submitter ID (Same as CLM01 on submitted 837) aka Patient Acct. No or Invoice
CLP02 Claim Status Codes:
- 1 – Paid as Primary
- 4 – Denied
CLP03 Claim Charge Amount
CLP04 Claim Paid Amount
CLP05 Patient Responsibility Amount
Claim Adjustment Group Code, CAS01:
- PR – Patient Responsibility
- CO – Contractual
- PI – Payer Initiated
Claim Adjustment Reason Codes CAS02,05,08 etc:
- 3 – Copay
- 15 – The authorization number is missing, invalid or does not apply to the billed services or provider.
- 45 – Charge exceeds fee schedule/maximum allowable or contracted/legislated fee arrangement.
- B7 – This provider was not certified/eligible to be paid for this procedure/service.
- (External Codes available at http://www.wpc-edi.com/codes)
AMT*B6 specifies Allowed Amount (informational, not used for balancing)
Continue testing – select the best answer for each question