Indigo Books 850 transaction details
Indigo Books 850 Purchase Order must correspond the demands described in this post. Vendor must deliver (or have order ready and available in full to be handed over) on the Carrier Hand-over date indicated on the Indigo Books 850 Purchase Order. Product ordered as part of one Purchase Order cannot be received against a different Purchase Order. The Purchase Order quantity will be in “eaches” of UPC/product ordered (corresponding to individual units or assortment units). Indigo policy is to always order with the case UPC. It is imperative the case UPC on the Indigo Books 850 Purchase Order is what is shipped and is on the ASN. If the UPC is incorrect you should contact the Category Manager to have this corrected immediately upon receipt of the order. An incorrect UPC can only be addressed by cancelling the line item on the Purchase Order Change. A new Indigo Books 850 Purchase Order will be generated with the correct UPC.
Indigo Books 850 Purchase Order basic requirements
- Indigo Books & Music Inc. Purchase Order number. This is a 10-digit number beginning with the numbers 45 (i.e. 4512345678)
- Purchase Order Creation Date
- ‘Ship To’ and ‘Bill To’ locations (including Building #, Store #, SAN#)
- 13-digit case UPC code (being ordered)
- Item Description
- Vendor Manufacturing Part Number (if provided to Indigo)
- Listing Pack Size for outer and inner cartons (if applicable)
- Quantity (being ordered)
- Retail price in Canadian currency (for price sticker)
- Unit Costs in currency of record for vendor
- Delivery Date at the Ship To address
- Carrier Hand-over Date (CHO Date) (if applicable)
- INCO and FOB terms
- Payment Terms
- Method of Transportation.
Purchase Order Acknowledgement (for EDI and non-EDI Vendors)
- Vendor must review all terms of the Purchase Order and communicate any discrepancies to the respective Indigo contact within three (3) business days (i.e. incorrect UPC, cost, pack size, quantity, CHO date, INCO terms, etc…)
- If an adjustment is required, vendor must communicate this via e-mail correspondence acknowledging the change(s), from the Indigo buyer, before filling/shipping the order
- If vendor does not communicate any discrepancies/required changes within the allotted 3 business days, the terms and order information on the original Purchase Order govern
- Vendor must immediately notify the respective Indigo buyer of any changes to Purchase Order terms that may arise at a later date, including any foreseen late shipments.
Purchase Order Change (EDI Vendors only)
At this time, Indigo’s Purchase Order Change EDI document is only able to support the following changes:
- Change in unit cost
- Change in unit quantity
- Cancellation of an entire line item
Improvements are being made to enhance the Purchase Order Change functionality to support merchandise business. At this time, if changes are required for an existing Purchase Order other than those listed above, these changes need to be agreed to via e-mail correspondence with your Indigo contact/buyer. In some instances, the Indigo contact/buyer may decide to cancel the Purchase Order and reissue a new version.