EDI Purchase Order Process
Vendor must deliver the items on the Purchase Order on the Delivery Date indicated on the Purchase Order. For collect orders, vendor must deliver (or have the shipment ready in full for pick-up) on the CHO date indicated on the Purchase Order. Product ordered as part of one Purchase Order cannot be received against a different Purchase Order.
Indigo will place a Purchase Order for the UPC on the product; vendor generated/internal SKU numbers will not be used on Indigo Purchase Orders when placing an order. Vendor should not ship “substitute” or “replacement” UPCs. In this case, the current PO line must be cancelled via Purchase Order Acknowledgment (with ACK29 code “CO”) and a new PO line must be created for the new UPC. This must be confirmed/approved by the respective Indigo buyer.
The Purchase Order quantity will be in “eaches” of product/UPC ordered (corresponding to individual units or assortment units). Indigo policy is to always order with the case UPC. Indigo does not currently support the use of GTIN 14 product identifiers.
It is imperative the case UPC on the Purchase Order is what is shipped and is on the ASN. If the UPC is incorrect please contact the Category Manager to have this corrected immediately upon receipt of the order. An incorrect UPC can only be addressed by cancelling the line item on the Purchase Order (see section 5.5 below – Purchase Order Change). A new Purchase Order will be generated with the correct UPC.
Purchase Order Detail
Indigo’s Purchase Order will specify the following:
- Indigo Books & Music Inc. Purchase Order number. This is a 10-digit number beginning with the numbers 45 (i.e. 4512345678)
- Purchase Order Creation Date
- ‘Ship To’ and ‘Bill To’ locations (including Building #, Store #, SAN#)
- 13-digit case UPC code (being ordered)
- Item Description
- Vendor Manufacturing Part Number (if provided to Indigo via NISS)
- Listing Case Pack Size for outer and inner cartons
- Quantity (being ordered)
- Unit Costs in currency of record for vendor
- Delivery Date at the Ship To address
- Carrier Hand-over Date (CHO Date) (if applicable)
- INCO and FOB terms
- Payment Terms
- Method of Transportation.
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.