Indigo Books & Music Inc. Vendor EDI Guides
Indigo expects that all vendors will transact via EDI from the initial onset of the commercial relationship. There are significant productivity and process visibility gains that are realized through the use of EDI. Exemptions to this requirement may be provided by your buyer based on the following criteria:
- Timing of initial order: temporary exemption
- Anticipated size of ongoing relationship expected to be less than $50K/year of annual purchases: permanent exemption The EDI exemption, if provided by your buyer, is captured on the Vendor Registration Form. Please note that the cost of EDI non-compliance is $250 per non-compliant Purchase Order.
EDI Transaction set
Indigo believes that the ability to conduct business electronically on these and future documents is critical to operating effectively with your firm. The documents currently required are:
- 850 Purchase Order (Stand Alone or Cross-Dock)
- 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgment (POA)
- 856 ASN
- 810 Invoice
- 860 Purchase Order Change and/or Cancellation (POC)
- 997 Functional Acknowledgement
- GS1-128 Label
To learn more about EDI and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.