INVOIC EDIFACT (Invoice EDI Message)
INVOIC EDIFACT EDI Transaction claims payment for goods or services supplied under conditions agreed between the parties (the seller and the buyer). Invoice Message serves also as the specification for Debit Note and Credit Note messages. INVOIC EDIFACT message may be used for national and international purposes (field of application). This EDIFACT Electronic Data Interchange transaction relates to commerce, administration and transport sections of business.
INVOIC EDIFACT Principles
There are some principles of INVOIC EDIFACT Transaction usage. They are:
- A seller may invoice for one or more transactions
- An invoice may refer to goods, items or services related to one or more orders, delivery instructions, call-offs, etc.
- An invoice may contain references to payment terms
- An invoice for cross border transactions may contain additional information for customs and/or statistical purposes/services
- An invoice may contain transport details.
To learn more about EDI transactions and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.