Kingfisher Electronic Trading With Vendors
Electronic Trading (EDI) is standard procedure in some Kingfisher Banners. This will be extended by the roll out of Kingfisher’s new computer platform. This requires:
- Vendors who communicate currently via email/fax to transition to electronic trading.
- Vendors who currently trade with Kingfisher electronically to ensure their systems can communicate with all the Kingfisher Banners with which they trade.
Kingfisher will rely exclusively in future on electronic communication of:
- Order Acknowledgement (Dropship Vendors only)
- Advanced Shipment Notice (ASN)
- Proof of Delivery (Dropship Vendors only)
- Corrective invoices
- Positive APERAK for corrective invoices
- Web-EDI Portal
For some vendors, choice of platform will be limited by supply characteristics to the Banner. Vendors may have a choice of platforms. Kingfisher’s local support team are available to provide guidance to vendors. Kingfisher’s local support team(s) will be in contact to validate the change schedule and start system testing.
EDI is Kingfisher main platform for exchange of documents in the form of EDI messages and will normally be used by all vendors who receive a high volume of orders from a Banner. This platform is the most efficient solution for Kingfisher and for vendors, and plays a key role in optimising our processes for ordering, delivery and payment. Vendors are liable for any associated costs with the implementation and update of EDI.