Macy’s 856 Ship Notice/Manifest Useful Mapping Tips and Notes
Macy’s 856 Ship Notice/Manifest must be in Macy’s system before vendor shipment arrives at Macy’s distribution facility – this was already discussed in the previous post. An expense offset will be assessed if this requirement is not met. Macy’s requires a consolidated VICS Macy’s 856 Ship Notice/Manifest with carton level information for every shipment to a Macy’s distribution facility.
Macy’s 856 Ship Notice/Manifest Mapping Notes
All freight shipping from one vendor origin to one Macy’s destination, must be combined into one master bol. The qualifier ‘mb’ should be sent in the REF01. The master bol value should be sent in the REF02. A unique ASN must be sent for each Macy’s division.
- When using master bol both the REF MB and the REF BM are required.
- Bill of lading number must be unique in the Macy’s Division for each shipment. Receipt of duplicate bill of lading numbers within the same Macy’s Division will be rejected from the system, unless the BSN01 is flagged ‘07’ (retransmission).
- Failure to transmit the correct Ship To DC code will cause the Macy’s 856 Ship Notice/Manifest data to be incompatible with receiving applications.
- N4 segment is only used in association with the N1 with N101 IDCode SF.
- A new order level must be provided for each PO/store occurrence within the Bill of Lading/shipment.
- Macy’s, Inc. requires vendors to indicate compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act in the PID segment.
- Order level N1 segment is used to access store number; segment must be present to get store number. Segment only used when entity code is BY in the order hierarchy level to retrieve the store number.
- Order level N1 segment is required for the Macy’s 856 Ship Notice/Manifest application.
- MAN segment is used to identify carton number when it follows pack level HL segment. MAN segment is required if data is to be viewed at carton number level. (Only use 20 digit UCC-128 serial container marking numbers).
- LIN segment used to access all UPC numbers associated with the order. Other information such as vendor style, color, or size will be ignored. LIN02 qualifiers cannot repeat within the same LIN segment.
- LIN segment is required for the 856 application.
- SN1 segment only used to retrieve quantity information about the item information contained on the preceding LIN segment. The SN1 segment must follow the related LIN segment in the transmission for the 856 application to work correctly.