Mills Fleet Farm Collect Shipments Requirements for Vendors
Mills Fleet Farm Collect Shipments guidelines described cover the follwing issues: Freight Routing, Ready to Ship Notification and Bill of Landing.
Mills Fleet Farm Collect Shipments: Freight Routing
For collect freight movement where arrangements for shipment are made on behalf of Mills Fleet Farm (current):
- Shipment weight under 300 pounds (and up to 20 cartons) – Ship via FedEx third party
- Shipment weight 301 to 1000 pounds (21 cartons or more) – Ship via the LTL carrier defined on the Purchase Order Header under SHIPPING METHOD
- Shipment weight over 1000 pounds – Contact Mills Fleet Farm Logistics
For collect freight movement where arrangements for shipment are made on behalf of Mills Fleet Farm (Guidelines beginning February 5th 2018):
- Shipment weight under 150 pounds, under 119 inches in length and under 165 inches in girth– Ship via FedEx third party – Contact supplier relations or your MFF supply and fulfillment analyst if you do not have an account number
- All shipments above 150 pounds, above 119 inches in length or above 165 inches in girth – Send an EDI or enter a PO release in Ready To Ship portal.
Collect Shipments: Ready to Ship Notification
Effective 2/5/2018, suppliers will no longer be able to call or email MFF with their PO releases. Affiliated third party will train and assist Mills Fleet Farm collect supplier community to meet the new EDI requirements.
Collect Shipments: BOL Requirement
Mills Fleet Farm logistics provider (DHL) will require that collect suppliers use the DHL standardized bill of lading. This BOL will be emailed to the supplier and will reflect the product indicated to Mills Fleet Farm using the EDI PO release. This BOL will indicate the carrier Mills Fleet Farm will be using and what PO release is expected to ship on that trailer. This BOL must be presented to the carrier. Mills Fleet Farm will need to collect a contact and email address for DHL to supply a BOL. Mills Fleet Farm suggests a group email at the vendor in the event that someone is on vacation or leaves the company.