Norvanco International EDI Program Basic Requirements
Norvanco International EDI Program recognizes the Electronic Data Interchange means to facilitate quick and accurate order fulfillment and to provide multi-level cost savings over traditional paper-based information systems. Utilizing EDI services, we electronically receive and process tens-of-thousands of purchase orders and shipment confirmations daily.
Using VAN, AS2, FTPS, or proprietary e-mail files, data transfer between client, Norvanco and recipient occurs seamlessly. Operational efficiencies, productivity and accuracy all increase in lock-step.
Through Norvanco proprietary client interface, eVista, real-time access to inventory, shipping (historic and pending) and delivery information is available 24/7 in a totally secure environment over the Internet. eVista offers one-time data entry, on-line data storage, automatic reconciliation, faster management reporting and the opportunity to improve customer service while reducing errors and administrative costs.
Common EDI Transaction Sets
- 940 Warehouse Shipping Order – authorizes, confirms, modifies or cancels the shipment of goods
- 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice – confirms shipments made and reconciles order and shipment quantities
- 856 Ship Notice / Manifest – lists the contents of a shipment as well as additional information – order information, product description, physical characteristics, type of packaging, marking, carrier information, and configuration of goods as shipped
- 997 Functional Acknowledgement – acknowledgment of communication.
- EDI Communications
- Retailer Specific Contact Information
- 856 Ship Notices
- Retailer Specific PO Formatting
- Ship-Complete Rules
- 856 EDI Structure Rules
- Bill of Lading
- 997 Acknowledgements
- Retail Rejection and Error Notifications
- Retailer Specific Labeling and Packaging Requirements
- UCC128 Compliant Labeling
- Retailer Specific Carrier and Routing Requirements
- UCC (Uniform Code Council) compliant bar codes for product marking or shipping labels
- RFID Tag and Scan
- Vendor Managed Inventory Program Management
To learn more about EDI integration and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.