Orchard EDI Operation Guidelines
Orchard EDI Operation requirements for the logistics channel must be implemented to flow supplier’s products prior to receiving their first PO from Orchard. Suppliers may connect with Orchard using any value-added network (VAN). A certified service bureau or other provider can be used to process the supplier’s Orchard EDI data for them. The supplier will be responsible for payment on any services, communications and mailbox fees assessed by their network as well as any other EDI service provider
costs indicated by their contract.
The supplier is accountable (not their service provider) for meeting all Orchard EDI requirements when doing business with Orchard
Orchard EDI Implementation and Testing
The supplier will implement EDI by choosing one of the following options:
- Develop an in-house solution.
- Add Orchard Supply Hardware to an existing system.
- Use a certified service bureau or provider of your choice.
Once a decision is made from the options above the supplier will test their internal systems and transactions. They will complete a test with an authorized third party. A third party (on behalf of Orchard) will contact the supplier to conduct a test of EDI transactions. Once testing is complete and the supplier becomes certified all required EDI transactions by the PO order “live date” established by an Orchard merchant will take place.
EDI Data Maintenance
The supplier will use the most current version of EDI standards that is supported by Orchard.
- Provide (and maintain) the name, phone number, fax number and email address of your EDI contact to OSH Vendor Support.
- Notify Orchard Supply Hardware via email in advance of any changes to internal systems, networks, or service providers that could impact your EDI communication with Orchard. Send email to: email@example.com
- Process EDI data promptly and accurately on all EDI transactions.
- Exchange data in accordance with standards approved by the Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12. EDI Process / Checks The supplier should check EDI at least once each day.
- Process all POs and related documents through EDI unless otherwise agreed to by Orchard.
- Send functional acknowledgments by the close of business on the next business day after receipt.
- Check ISA/GS control numbers for missing or duplicate envelopes and report any discrepancies to Orchard.
Orchard ISA/GS Sender / Receiver ID
The supplier must be able to support multiple Orchard ISA/GS Sender / Receiver IDs. The supplier will transmit their EDI documents to the proper ISA/GS sender / receiver ID. Orchard will not process any data sent to the wrong ID.
The supplier will need to implement the following domestic transactions prior to receipt of their first PO:
- 850 Purchase Order
- 820 Payment Order/Remittance Advice
- 860 Purchase Order Change
- 997 Functional Acknowledgment
- 810 Invoice
- 856 Ship Notice/Manifest and SSCC (UCC/EAN-128) shipping label
- 812 Credit/Adjustment Advice.