Packaging Guidelines For Zappos Vendors
Packaging Guidelines must be followed on products shipping to the FC. For non‐compliance, Vendors will incur chargebacks for actual repackaging and handling fees, and/or shipments/products may be returned at the Vendor’s expense.
Ship product and any accompanying literature and/or accessories to be sold in a unit in its packaging as described below. All products must be packaged and ready to ship to the customer without any additional packaging required by Zappos.
- All products must be packaged according to unit minimums outlined in the Special Handling section.
- POs written for less than the unit per carton minimum, should be routed and shipped complete.
- Do not bundle the individual UPCs into a master pack. All UPCs must be individually packaged per the UPC unit.
Suffocation warning: Poly bags used to protect product must meet the following requirements:
- Zappos requires vendors to comply with all applicable Federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, and directives with respect to product packaging materials. Vendors should direct any related questions to their legal counsel. Generally, suffocation warnings should be present on all plastic bags (1 mil or less thickness) that have a 5” or greater opening and are used to protect product. Required warning language and presentation requirements may vary on the state and local levels. At a minimum, Zappos recommends that vendors include a message on plastic bags consistent with the following:
WARNING: To avoid danger of suffocation, keep this plastic bag away from babies and children. Do not use this bag in cribs, beds, carriages or play pens. This bag is not a toy.
The print size of the above warning should conform to the following table:
- Total Length plus Width of Bag
- Minimum Print Size
- 60 inches or more
- 24 point
- 40 to 59 inches
- 18 point
- 30 to 39 inches
- 14 point
- less than 29 inches
- 10 point.