Pallet Specifications And Carton Labeling Guidelines For Fred’s Vendor Merchandise
Pallet Specifications And Carton Labeling requirements described in today’s blog are obligatory for Fred’s vendors that ship merchandise to Fred’s.
FRED’S Pallet Specifications:
- Size: 40” wide x 48” long
- Type: GMA standard hardwood pallets, 4-way entry pallets
- Material: Group III and/or Group IV hardwood
- 4-way entry
- 6” lead board on top and bottom
- 2,194 lb. Payload (strength for handling products)
- No blocks, corrugates, metal plates, or pine
- Free of defects, exposed nails and/or broken boards
- All boards must be flush
- Minimum board thickness of 5/8”
- Standard 5-bottom beveled board configuration
- Standard 7-top board configuration
Fred’s Inc. prefers merchandise to be shipped on IGPS pallets.
Carton Labeling Requirements (Carton Label Contents):
- Item Name/Complete Description
- FRED’S SKU Number
- FREDS’ PO Number
- Case Quantity and Pack
- Inner Pack Quantity (for mater cartons)
- Number of Inner Pack Quantity
- Manufacturer Name and Address
- Carton Measurement
- Net Weight/Gross Weight
- Expiration Date (perishable products)
- Country of Origin
- Seasonal Note as specified by FRED’S Merchant.
Cartons should not be packed to weigh more than 40 lbs. Cartons weighing in excess of 45 lbs. should have a TEAM LIFT label attached
as a safety precaution for Fred’s employees.
Carton Labeling of Seasonal Product:
- Seasonal product cartons require a seasonal designation for use in FRED’S stores
- The icon should be 3” x 3” (7.62 cm x 7.62 cm)
- The appropriate seasonal icon must be placed on the top right of two adjacent master carton sides
- The vendor should always update the icon to reflect the appropriate year.
- All shipping labels must be legible and complete, with shipper and consignee information corresponding with the bill of lading.
- Shipments must have the packing list affixed to the outside of the lead carton or pallet in an envelope marked “Packing Slip Enclosed”
- The shipping label must include a description of the product being received and the Purchase Order number
- The Shipping label contents must include:
- Purchase Order
- Carton Count
- Style #
- Final Destination
- ASN# / Serial Shipping Container #
The label should NOT be applied to any type of shrink wrapping or outer covering that may possibly be removed during loading or unloading. If shrink-wrapping is applied, the shipping label should be easily identified through the shrink wrap material. It is not necessary to create a separate label.