Pharmaceutical EDI Data Integration capabilities at McKesson
Pharmaceutical EDI Data integration enables configurable pharmaceutical product and data sharing between pharmacy management systems, provider information systems and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
McKesson provides data interface solutions for pharmacy customers who are unable to support direct, automated electronic data interchange (EDI) through McKesson Data Exchange module. Solutions allow you to map format and field sequences as needed for pharmaceutical product data import and export. You have the option to save those templates for reuse.
McKesson support your pharmacy with the following categories of product data through Data Exchange tool:
- Price/Product Export: Exports product catalog and pricing information to update external systems
- Purchase Order Import: Supports inbound imports of orders built in other systems
- Invoice/Receipt Export: Supports export of invoiced orders to update other systems
- Miscellaneous Imports: Supports various imports such as preferred item tags or user fields to populate customer-specific data on items
EDI interfaces between your pharmacy and McKesson
McKesson supports a wide range of pharmaceutical data interfaces. E-Commerce Services team and Third Party Interfaces support team for customer liaisons works with you to support the integration of your product and ordering data with external health information systems.
The documents and interfaces supported include:
- Purchase orders (EDI 850)
- Order acknowledgments (EDI 855)
- Advance order shipping notifications (EDI 856)
- Invoices (EDI 810)
- Price files (EDI 832)
- Other payment or history related feeds to support your systems integration needs.
To learn more about HIPAA EDI integration and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.