Sending an EDI File to UHA (Transmitting Guides)
When sending an EDI File to UHA each Transmitter will be issued a username and password after a properly completed and signed request form is received and approved by UHA. Use the assigned username and password to login to UHA’s Secure File Server, by following the steps below.
- Make sure the HIPAA X12 formats are used when transmitting HIPAA EDI files to UHA. Follow the requirements in the National Implementation Guides, the UHA Companion Documents and UHA EDI Trading Partner requirements.
- Open your web browser and enter the url “https://uhasfs.uhahealth.com”
- On the login page, enter your assigned username and password.
Note: The password is not “hidden” so that you can confirm the correct password is being entered. It is recommended that you change your password the first time you have logged in.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will be on your individual user page. Click on “Upload a file” from the menu list. To the right of the menu will appear an input box and a Browse button. Enter the name of the file to upload, or click on the Browse button and select the file.
- Click on the Send Now button to begin transferring the file to UHA.
Note: If you are submitting multiple files of the same Transaction set type, you may create a single, compressed file “package” containing all of the files to be submitted. Only Pkzip/WinZip compatible or gzip compatible compression can be used to create the compressed file. Use the same naming structure for the compressed file with either “.zip” (Pkzip/WinZip) or “.gz” (gzip) as the filename extension. 997 files will be “packaged” using the same compression method. Do not combine multiple Transaction types in one “package.” Files using non-approved or unrecognized compression will be discarded with no notice returned to the transmitter.
To learn more about EDI files submission, get more practice and become a certified EDI Professional please visit our course schedule page.