Working with EDI Files in Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs (WCMBP) SFTP Directory
Once logged in Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs (WCMBP) SFTP Directory, the folder structure will appear as:
- There will be 2 categories of folders under Trading Partners SFTP folders.
- TEST Trading Partners should submit and receive their test files under this folder.
- PROD Trading Partners should submit and receive their production files under this folder.
- The folders are structured under TEST/PROD folders within the SFTP root.
Inbound EDI Files
This Inbound folder should be used to drop the inbound files that needs to be submitted to WCMBP. After the inbound 837 file is dropped to the Inbound folder, WCMBP will rename the file following the inbound naming convention and perform the file level validation before processing.
Files that pass the validation will be ready for processing. After being processed, the file name will be renamed with “processed” extension. After the user logs out from the SFTP account, the processed file will be moved to the Inbound/Archive folder.
Files that fail the validation will be renamed with “error” extension. After the user logs out from the SFTP account, the error file will be moved to the Inbound/Error Folder. The files in both Inbound/Archive and Inbound/Error folders will be retained for 30 days before they are purged by the system automatically.
File Level Validation
It is recommended to limit the file size to 100MB while uploading HIPAA file through SFTP. EDI files must meet the following criteria:
- File Size: The file cannot be empty, i.e 0 kb
- File Name Extension: The file name extension must be dat with all lower case (for example My_Hipaa_File.dat).
- File Name Length: The file name length (including the file name extension) cannot be greater than 50 characters.
- File Name Special Characters: The file name should not contain special characters.
Outbound EDI Files
X12 outbound transactions generated by WCMBP will be available in this outbound folder. Trading partner should look for acknowledgments to the files submitted in the Outbound/Ack folder. TA1 and 999 will be available for all the files submitted by the Trading Partner that passed file level validation.
Trading Partner should look for 835 file in the PROD/Outbound/Data folder. The 835 file will NOT be generated for the test 837 files uploaded in TEST folder.
It’s recommended that the trading partner delete the acknowledgement and 835 files after they are downloaded. The files in both Outbound/Ack and Outbound/Data folders will be retained for 10 days before they are moved to the Outbound/Archive folder by the system automatically. The files in Outbound/Archive folder will be retained for 30 days before they are purged by the system automatically.