Shopko EDI 856 ASN Requirements Checklist For Testing
Shopko EDI 856 ASN Testing is a part of the Vendor Program that requires all merchandise vendors to exchange 850 Purchase Orders (PO), 810 Invoices, 856 Advanced Ship Notice (ASN) and UCC128 labels. Before starting Shopko EDI 856 ASN testing process all vendors should complete the EDI Trading Partner Profile. Once Shopko receives the EDI Trading Partner Profile, there are several lengthy steps Shopko needs to complete in order for the testing phase to begin. When these steps are finished, the vendor will be notified by the Shopko EDI team to start the Shopko EDI 856 ASN testing process. The vendor will have 90 days to complete the testing process. The EDI team will make three (3) attempts to contact and establish a test date with the vendor.
856 Advance Ship Notification (ASN) Checklist
- Send an email message to Shopko EDI team indicating the 856 test is being sent. This step can occur at the same time as the transmission of the 997 for the test PO. The 856 test data may be created using the Shopko 850 Purchase Order test. Test IDs for Shopko should still be used to communicate the 856 test.
- Test 856 data will be retrieved by the Shopko EDI team and reviewed, with feedback provided in an email message indicating any changes.
- Test 856 data should continue to be sent to Shopko with corrections until all syntax errors are addressed.
- Test 856 data will continue to be retrieved by the Shopko EDI team and reviewed until no syntax errors are found.
- An email will be sent to the vendor indicating no additional syntax errors are found. The EDI team will also notify the Buyer’s Support team indicating that the EDI portion of the ASN testing has been completed.
- The Buyer’s Support area will review the ASN test data and check for various business errors (such as quantity accuracy, UPC/SKU accuracy, etc.). An email will be sent to the vendor indicating the corrections that need to be made.
- Test 856 data should continue to be sent to Shopko with corrections until all business errors are addressed.
- Test 856 data will continue to be retrieved by Buyer’s Support and reviewed until no business errors are found.
- A sample of the UCC128 label should be sent to the Distribution Center (DC) contact. The label sample will be reviewed and validated by the DC contact.
- An email will be sent to the vendor, the EDI team, and Buyer’s Support indicating that the UCC128 label is acceptable.
- At the completion of the above steps for ASN testing, an email will be sent to the vendor from the EDI team, indicating the move to “certified” or production date on the ASNs.
- Notification of errors in the ASN or system outages preventing the communication of ASN data should be sent to the EDI@shopko.com address as soon as possible. Without notification, chargebacks will be assessed.