EDI Webinars description and schedule
Supply Chain EDI Webinars are designed both for novice and experienced EDI professionals.
Supply Chain EDI 101 – Introduction To EDI
Webinar Times: Mondays at 11:30 AM – 01:00 PM EST – 2020 Dates: October 26th or December 7th
Register a la carte: https://attendee.gototraining.com/rt/2058003596147129089
- History and Origin of EDI
- Major EDI Advances
- How EDI is applied in different industries
- The Business Need for EDI Introduction to EDI standards
- EDI Components Overview
- EDI Software and Hardware Technology Environment
Supply Chain EDI 110 – EDI Connectivity and On-Boarding
Webinar Times: Tuesdays at 11:30 AM – 01:00 PM EST – 2020 Dates: October 27th or December 8th
Register a la carte: https://attendee.gototraining.com/rt/1116042080905891586
EDI Connectivity and On-Boarding
- EDI On-Boarding Best Practices
- EDI Connectivity – VAN
- EDI Connectivity – AS2/FTP
- EDI Connectivity – Best Practices
- Document Tracking and Monitoring Concepts
- Information about third-party EDI Service providers
- Information about EDI Testing
Supply Chain EDI 201 – EDI Enveloping & Structure
Webinar Times: Wednesdays at 11:30 AM – 01:00 PM EST – 2020 Dates: October 28th or December 9th
Register a la carte: https://attendee.gototraining.com/rt/3349351407547358466
- EDI Enveloping ISA-GS-ST-SE
- Key terms related to the structure of EDI (e.g. qualifier, segment, terminator, delimiter)
- Instructions on using the ANSI X12 manual to look at transactions, segments and data elements
- Instructions on viewing EDI Implementation Guides and Mapping Specs
Supply Chain EDI 301 – 850,810, 856 ASN and UCC-128 Labels
- Note: SEDI 201 is a prerequisite
- Webinar Times: Thursdays at 11:30 AM – 01:00 PM EST – 2020 Dates: October 1st or October 29th or December 10th
Register a la carte: https://attendee.gototraining.com/rt/8827709874388977409
- Deciphering EDI 850 Purchase Order
- Deciphering EDI 810 Invoice
- Deciphering 856 ASN – Standard Pack
- Deciphering 856 ASN – Pick &Pack
- Advanced Ship Notice – ASN Best Practices
- ASN Tare Levels
- UCC-128 Barcode Label
- 997 Acknowledgements
SEDI 401 – Advanced Course: E-Commerce EDI & Change Order Automation
- Note: SEDI301 is a prerequisite.
- Webinar Times: Fridays at 11:30 AM – 01:00 PM EST – 2020 Dates: October 2nd or October 30th or December 11th
Register a la carte: https://attendee.gototraining.com/rt/6790650179167156994
- Change Order Processing A study from the RVCF found that retailers changed orders an average of 4.4 times during the lifecycle of a PO. However, most organizations today handle the PO change process manually.
- Retailers today are sending out 860 EDI PO Change transactions more often than before. However, the major challenge is for the supplier to automate the 860 PO Change process. Most suppliers are still manually processing the 860 Purchase Order changes. The key to automating change orders is to refine the business rules and processes. In this session, we will provide examples of how some suppliers have been able to successfully automate the processing of change orders.
- E-Commerce EDI Best Practices
E-commerce EDI usage is exploding. This workshop will show you how to avoid common pitfalls and master transactions such as the 855 PO Acknowledgement, 869 Order Status Inquiry, 870 Order Status Report, and 846 Inventory Inquiry/Advice. Successful e-commerce EDI will help you boost productivity, reduce errors and improve trading partner relationships.
SEDI 410 – Advanced Course: EDI for Finance, Inventory & Transportation
- Note: EDI 301 is a prerequisite
- Webinar Times: 11:30 AM – 01:00 PM EST – 2020 Dates: October 2nd or November 2nd or December 14th
Register a la carte: https://attendee.gototraining.com/rt/5466076217767378946
- EDI for Finance:
This workshop will show you how to implement EDI transactions such as the 820 RA/Payment and the 823 Lockbox. Finance EDI can help you improve productivity and reduce costs and errors in your treasury and accounts receivable departments.
- EDI for Inventory & Sales:
An inventory management system is incomplete without EDI. Learn best practices for EDI transactions such as the 846 Inventory Inquiry/Advice, 947 Warehouse Inventory Adjustment Advice, and the 852 Product Activity Data. This will enable you to provide inventory visibility to your partners and optimize inventory to meet goals for product availability and ROI.
- Studies show that the data input for about one quarter of Business Intelligence and Decision Support comes from EDI transactions. Learn best practices for implementing the 852 and other EDI-related transactions and watch your sales department reap the rewards.
- EDI for Transportation:
Transportation EDI is very powerful but underutilized. 3PL’s, freight carriers, suppliers and retailers can benefit from learning how to manage transactions such as 110 Air Freight Details and Invoice, 204 Load Tender, 210 Invoice, 214.